Subject: Re: [MOD] HD spinning indication

Re: [MOD] HD spinning indication

From: Lee Pilgrim <>
Date: 2005-03-17

I can tell you how to do it as I have done it myself.

1. Order 4 0805 smd leds in the color of your chioce (I used based in Oregon, USA)
2. Take off the battery covers and the front plate
3. Before taking out the batteries, turn on your unit and test the
polarity of the leds and write this down
4. Carefully take back the lcd (there are two little tabs on each side)
5. Remove the old leds with your iron
6. CAREFULLY cut the trace connection betwene the led pads on each
side. (Sorry I do not have a picture, it is the line that wires them
in series)
7. Solder in the new leds (make sure the polarity is corect to what
you wrote down, the leds are usualy marked with a blue dot for the
8. Using thin wire, solder one end to the top of the top leds, and the
other end to the top of the bottom leds. and do the same from bototm
of top leds, to bottom of bottom leds.
(you may need to adjust your font for this...)

led| | |
    - |
        | |
        | |
    _ --| |
   | | | <-wires
    - |
9. Done

If someone can clean this up for me, and add pictures, this would be
great to add to the wiki!