Subject: Re: hi rockbox team!

Re: hi rockbox team!

From: BlueChip <>
Date: 2005-03-18

At 05:49 18/03/2005, you wrote:
>--- Joseph Jones <> wrote:
> > Installing patches is only possible if you compile Rockbox from
> > source, which I personally have a fear of.
>What a great opportunity to plug BC's devkit! (available at
>Before using it I had tried and failed at setting up cygwin. This simplifies
>everything by quite a bit, and makes applying patches and other fun things
>ridiculously easier. If you've already given up on the convential method of
>building rockbox then I strongly recommend giving this a try.
>PS: No, I don't work for Cyborg Systems, nor am I paid on comission. :-)

Cheers scott - The cheque's in the post ;) LOL

Joseph, on that page you will also find blind-friendly docs (please let me
know if I can improve on them - I am not blind myself) ...The install
instructions talk you through your first build ...The HOWTO on CVS (thanks
to LinusN) also covers applying .diff styled patches :)