Subject: uart-Re: (no subject)

uart-Re: (no subject)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-03-31

> Sorry l'll try to be a bit clearer..
> I brought a duff ondio that wont boot anymore. looks like the
> firmware has been scrambled (early O/S which had problems with this..)
> The unit dosent do anything pass the opening screen, then it locks up.

Could be a hardware defect, too.

> I cant access it via USB, so i cant copy rock box onto it or flash it
> >from there.
> I need to reprogram the flash from the lowest level to restore some
> normal operation.
> Couldnt find any info in the wiki on the ondio.

Look into the wiki, here:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome?topic=UartBoot
(not a nice article, just a bit copy+paste)

> Do you mean its the same process as flashing any other archos in this
> state of affairs?

Same way of flashing with uart_boot, if that's what you mean. Even more
simple to hook the serial, since it's at the card slot.
It's possible, see the pictures for the gear I used. Trevor also revived
Ondios with that description.

Jörg

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl