Subject: uart-Re: (no subject)

uart-Re: (no subject)

From: <>
Date: 2005-04-01

Hi Jörg, Thanks for the responce

>Could be a hardware defect, too.

Humm maybe.. not quite sure how to determine that

>Look into the wiki, here:
>(not a nice article, just a bit copy+paste)

Arr yes found a bit more info now.

>Same way of flashing with uart_boot, if that's what you mean. Even
>simple to hook the serial, since it's at the card slot.
>It's possible, see the pictures for the gear I used. Trevor also
>Ondios with that description.

yep this is what i mean. I saw the veroboard dummy multimedia card!
So do we have GND, Tx and Rx?
I can make a level shifter with the MAX232 so thats no problem.
So looking at the veroboard i need to connect pin 2 (CMD), pin 6 VSS
(GND) and pin 7 Data.
how does the Rx line feature in this? does it connect to the CMD pin?
Also i guess i have to do some kind of mod to the ondio so it expects
to receive data via serial?
Shame things arnt documented, im a bit in the dark with this one.