Subject: Re: JBR20 car charger

Re: JBR20 car charger

From: Stuffed Crust <pizza_at_shaftnet.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:57:02 -0400

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 11:26:48PM -0400, Joe Uknalis wrote:
> Recently my car was broken into and my Archos charger was liberated.
> Anyone know a good (cheaper) substitute for the OEM model.
> From the FAQ it looks like something that delivers 12v might just do
> the trick.

I built two car chargers this weekend, modelling it on the instructions
here: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CarPowerSupply

Digi-key didn't have that particular 10v regulator, so I ended up using
a TI uA7810 instead. I wired mine directly into my car, but I built a
second one for a friend which plugs into a cigarette lighter. I think I
paid $2.42 for three sets of parts, plus S&H.

But it seems the "Car adapter mode" doesn't work, at least not with
yesterday's daily build. When the power goes off, the unit does not
pause like it's supposed to. My JBR isn't flashable, FWIW. Has anyone
else seen any problems with this?

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        				 ICQ: 1318344
Melbourne, FL 					 JID: pitha_at_myjabber.net