Subject: Re: JBS: DC- regulator blown second time; what's the cause?

Re: JBS: DC- regulator blown second time; what's the cause?

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-04-04

>Hi Bluechip,
>
>thanks a lot for your clear and honest words. I think you're right! I'm
>actually looking for a replacement unit. But all I found on Ebay was - for
>my sake- too expencive. Even broken units cost (without a HD) cost about 30€
>(40$) and a simple JBR6 where I even have to replace the HD costs 90€ (120$)
>which I find too much since i can get a brandnew Gmini120 for 180€ (240$).

OUCH!

ebay.CO.UK turns up these (all better than mentioned) hits:

Immaculate JBR10 £30 (<$60)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80021&item=5764966519&rd=1

JB6000 £20 (<$40)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80021&item=5765140979&rd=1

JBR20 $35
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=91360&item=5765193863&rd=1

>So I think I'll go for a Gmini and wait until Rockbox will be available for
>the Gmini (perhaps I'll try to help the guys a little bit if possible)

If you do help and you ever track down the gmini compiler, please let me
know and I will add it to the devkit ...it still strikes me to wonder that
when I mentioned the updated devkit recently - the iRiver support was most
greatfully appreciated, but there was no interest or mention of the gmini -
even Linus, the core dev who helped me with the iRiver support, didn't have
a gmini dev kit ...So I'm guessing that gmini support is a lot further off
than iRiver ...although either way, the cvs logs have been _very_ quiet
lately ...It might be worth taking some time to try and catch up with this
"Jyp" chap(ess) and see what is happening with the gmini before you buy one.

>Cheers,
>Markus

Good luck mate,

BC