Subject: Red LED death

Red LED death

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2005-04-04

Hi,

Today I was running again (delayed train...), and pressed On before I did.
Indeed I was able to press up and down to move the cursor, and the menu
was working too.
* The red led was on constantly (duh), and the hard drive was spinning (at
least, it sounded like it was spinning).
* The debug menu -> mpeg thread showed the uppermost progressbar at about
80% filled, and stuck there. On the bottom of the screen, one of the
numbers next to the 'wm' thingy was 0 (forgot which one).
* Partition info was showing correctly.
* Free space was shown, but when I pressed Play to check for free space,
it hung.
A solution to the problem would probably be to shut down the hard disk,
then turn it on, and try again. Is this enough info to detect the RLD from
within the rockbox code? Or should I look to other debug entries?

Hoping for a solution...
Ronald