Subject: Re: Patch #868645 (trigger recording) now in the daily builds!

Re: Patch #868645 (trigger recording) now in the daily builds!

From: Martin Borus <>
Date: 2005-04-06

> Thanks to Philipp Pertermann for the updated patch and Jens Arnold & Linus for including this in the rockbox core yesterday! Now we can easily record MC's and vinyl and live gigs without additional intelligence (PC). Also room monitoring and recording diktats are now possible.

Great news. I had to try it with my Ondio right away
There's still the setup problem. This time I had headphones connected.

Scenario 1:
Selected recording source: Internal microphone
No music playing.
When I enter the trigger menu, I do not hear the microphone
in the headphones, the peak meter shows nothing. Shouting
at the Ondio gets no reaction in the trigger progress bar.

Scenario 2:
Same as above, but Ondio is in playback
The peak meter shows nothing, but I hear the music and
can use it to set the trigger values.

So currently I always need an old recording to set the triggers right.