Subject: Re: Safe shutdown on flashed JBS

Re: Safe shutdown on flashed JBS

From:  °¿°   <>
Date: 2005-04-13

>Is it intended that the Safe Shutdown function dooesn't work on flashed
>units? It spins down, but before it finally goes off, it just restarts. Is
>there anybody who could fix it?

Hi Frederik,

This behaviour I never noticed. My unit is flashed since a long time and the save shutdown worked and works well. You can easily switch off by hardware (like archos does it) but if you change some settings and switch off by hardware, the settings cannot be written to disk. Make sure you produce a disk spinup after changing settings before switch off by hardware. Some people on this list talked about shorter disk lifetime if you just cut off power by pressing OFF 4sec.and not safely shutdown.

But perhaps this has something to do with the "car adapter mode"? If it's on the (flashed) box will wake up when the charger is plugged in.

Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail: