Subject: RE: Dropped AJR v1 20gb

RE: Dropped AJR v1 20gb

From: Sorin Srbu <>
Date: 2005-04-14 wrote:
> I just dropped my AJR on the ground yesterday. There isn't any
> visible damage, but it won't boot. The power comes on and the
> (unflashed) loading screen comes up, but it only progresses to three
> bars loaded - there's no actual error message. I've tried plugging
> it into USB, too, and the computer says that the "device won't start
> up." I'm guessing that this is a hard drive problem, but does anyone
> have other suggestions? If this is a hard drive problem, does anyone
> have suggestions for places in the US to buy a new hard drive?

Was it on when you dropped it?

Best Wishes
Proud member of TEAM OS/2.
Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
Motorcyclist [BMW R100RT-'91]
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge is power!]
Please mail me for my public PGP key.

Harmless tagline follows:

The term reboot comes from the middle age (before computers).
Horses who stopped in mid-stride required a boot to the rear to
start again. Thus the term to rear-boot, later abbreviated into