Subject: RE: Dropped AJR v1 20gb

RE: Dropped AJR v1 20gb

From: Sorin Srbu <>
Date: 2005-04-14 wrote:
> [...]

Ok, I was wondering because 2,5"-drives can handle some 300G or more, when *off*, however when they're on, they can't handle nowhere near 300G. So it's not it then, well, how about some connector that got loose when you dropped it? I don't think it's the batteries, as your JBR will reportedly start, although you may want to check them too, that is the battery connectors.

You have any warranty left? If not I'd get a another working hd, and plug it in and see if works with that one. If windows can't see it it may very well be a faulty drive.

I take it, it doesen't rattle when you shake it? 8-)

Best Wishes
Proud member of TEAM OS/2.
Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
Motorcyclist [BMW R100RT-'91]
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge is power!]
Please mail me for my public PGP key.

Harmless tagline follows:

A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and
no mercy. — Joseph Campbell