Subject: Re: Safe shutdown on flashed JBS

Re: Safe shutdown on flashed JBS

From: Frederik Möllers <>
Date: 2005-04-14

I have the car adapter mode deactivated and I don't have any cable plugged
in.... but it just restarts instead of shutting down. No idea why this
happens. Also, I don't press any buttons but the PLAY button once, because I
want to execute the Shutdown function, of course...
And btw: When I have my Jukebox plugged in, so it's charging, I can't turn
it on. I have to remove the charger first, then wait for it to boot and then
plug the charger in again...

> >Is it intended that the Safe Shutdown function dooesn't work on flashed
> >units? It spins down, but before it finally goes off, it just restarts.
> Is
> >there anybody who could fix it?
> Hi Frederik,
> This behaviour I never noticed. My unit is flashed since a long time and
> the save shutdown worked and works well. You can easily switch off by
> hardware (like archos does it) but if you change some settings and switch
off by
> hardware, the settings cannot be written to disk. Make sure you produce a
> disk spinup after changing settings before switch off by hardware. Some
> people on this list talked about shorter disk lifetime if you just cut off
> power by pressing OFF 4sec.and not safely shutdown.
> But perhaps this has something to do with the "car adapter mode"? If it's
> on the (flashed) box will wake up when the charger is plugged in.
> Joerch

+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++
1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail