Subject: Archos Gemini 120

Archos Gemini 120

From: P. stanley <pstanley99_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 2005-04-15

        Hello friends
I'm shopping around for an Archos jukebox suitable for the rockbox
firmware. Our local branch of Maplin's electronics (here in England) is
offering an Archos Gemini 120 with a 20 GB hard drive for 230.00 (approx
$400.00).

1. Is the Gemini 120 model suitable for the speech-capable firmware?
2. Is the price reasonable?
3. Are there better and more powerful models in the market?
4. In general, does the production quality of a jukebox match that of a
straightahead CD player? Granted, both devices play WAVE files but I doubt
if the format alone is enough to determine the output quality.

This is an entirely new territory for me so any advice - no matter how
obvious - would be most appreciated.
Many thanks
Paul Stanley