Subject: RE: Dropped AJR v1 20gb

RE: Dropped AJR v1 20gb

From: <rich_at_richardklein.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:43:50 -0400

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:58:03 +0100 (BST), j c <johner81_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> like others have suggested, the batt connectors are
> most likely (imho).

We're talking about the older JukeBoxes that use AA-size cells, right? I forget what I was reading, but I few months back I read an article that included drop-testing of devices with AA cells and found that often the first thing to cause failure was the batteries themselves - the buttons on the + (I think) end would get pushed in a bit. The cells may be as much to blame as the connectors. Just a thought...

-- Rich