Subject: (no subject)

(no subject)

From: Brian Ebert <>
Date: 2005-04-19

Hello all.

I am a car audio guy, and I just got through installing on my car. The
thing is, when I was installing my sub and testing it with test tones from
my Archos Recorder v2, the 9" diameter by 3" tall magnets accidentally came
near the MP3 player.

Basically, now, the MP3 player loads perfectly. It has no problem spinning
up the hard drive, however on about 80 to 90 percent of my songs, the mp3
player will play 5-8 seconds of the song, and then lock down, stop playing,
and I have to force shutdown on it.

Also, when plugging it into a computer, the mp3 player will not register
with the computer half of the time, and when it does, it comes up as a
"Local Disk Drive" (not "Jukebox:") and also reports the drive to be

What can I do to make my MP3 player usable?

Many thanks,