Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have SOUND! (part 2)

Re: Gentlemen, we have SOUND! (part 2)

From: Brian Wolven <>
Date: 2005-04-20

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> To follow up on the Rockbox tradition, here is the news:
> A few minutes ago, I played the first 5 seconds of real-time MP3 audio
> on my iRiver H140.
> This was an experimental hack, so there are lots of things left to do to
> enjoy MP3 playback for real, but it's not far away now.
> Nevertheless, we have passed a milestone in the iRiver project.

Congratulations to everyone involved. That is indeed a milestone - or
perhaps you just crossed that iRiver when you came to it. (Oooh, bad
even by my standards...)

My JBR40 is still going strong, but I guess I'll have to shop for an
iRiver soon - just to be prepared. Having *two* working units wouldn't
be so awful, either. ;)