Subject: Re: hcl: tools songdb.pl,1.22,1.23

Re: hcl: tools songdb.pl,1.22,1.23

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:31:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Michiel van der Kolk wrote:

> I suggest we make it an option in the songdb.pl

Yes, I agree that's a good approach.

> As a side note. rashers work on making albums with multiple artists possible
> broke the current songdb.pl, a safe version to use is 1.16. I'm gonna try to
> get rasher to talk with zagor, hopefully zagor will know what exactly is
> required to make albums with multiple artists possible.

This is an area with no easy answers. Separating an multi-artist album (type
A) from two artists making one album each using the same name (type B) is
impossible.

But we can try to make some assumptions. Such as that if they reside in the
same dir, they are type A. I believe that is what Rasher's fix tried to do.