Subject: AW: Broken JBR - Searching for SMD Value

AW: Broken JBR - Searching for SMD Value

From: Matthias Klumpp <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-04-28

Hi Christian & BlueChip

# -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
# >Matthias Klumpp wrote:
# >>On the left side of the broken device, there is a "R47" labeled horizontal
# >>device (resistor ??).
# >
# >Jupp, should be 47 Ohms, if I'm not mistaken
# >
# >>On the upper left side of the broken device, there is a "000" labeled
# >>vertical
# >>device (0 Ohm resistor ??).
# >
# >0 Ohm Resistor is common in SMD as a "wire", because it can be placed by
# >machine...

So far so good, but I've given those devices only as a orientation (for you) to
find the broken one on the PCB.
I'm not looking for those parts, but for the one that blew, that's the one with
the red circle around in the following picture:
http://home.tiscali.de/matthiasklumpp/Mixed/JBRV1_Broken_SMD_device.jpg

Any ideas what that part was ?

# You can also use a (almost) 0 ohm reisitor as a "VERY fast blow fuse" :)

;-O)
Currently it seems, that the whole JBR is a fuse ;-))

Matthias