Subject: absolutely strange rockbox behaviour

absolutely strange rockbox behaviour

From: Markus Grebenstein <>
Date: 2005-05-02

Hi Guys,

rockbox (2.4) behaves absolutely strange on my JBS20! It jumps out of
somewhere in the directory tree into menu and vice versa, plays wrong
songs, jumps between several songs (it plays those songs!) while showing
one of them in the display, plays songs in karaoke mode in wide stereo
mode, has no music in mono (neither of both channels) but plays in stereo
mode and last but not least sometimes just shows nonsense names in the
directory list...

All those songs work fine if I play them on my PC directly from the

Is there something wrong with my HD (I defragmented it on thursday)? Is it
fading away?

Thanks a lot in advance,