Subject: Re: Iriver H10 Support?

Re: Iriver H10 Support?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 22:53:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 May 2005, karl 'the_angry_angel' southern wrote:

> I was actually considering buying a H10 as my next purchase, to replace my
> aging AJB6000. But since it uses PortalPlayer, I'm unsure if I will because
> I know the original firmware will be crap and I'm unsure if there are any
> efforts/attempts we can make to reverse engineer it :(

Allow me to question the fact that it uses PortalPlayer.

The other day someone asked on IRC about Rockbox for H10, and when I googled
for the info regarding H10 and PortalPlayer, I didn't find much reliable and
trustworthy sources that claim this.

Several sources on the net claim that H10 uses a Wolfson codec chipset, which
in my eyes contract it using the portalplayer.

If it *does* use PortalPlayer, the ipodlinux project would be the natural
place to start looking for code and drivers. They have a firmware replacement
for PortalPlayer based players (iPod).

I don't know what H10 contains and I have no H10 myself, I've just googled and
tried to use common sense. Feel free to provide facts and please point out
reliable sources of information.