Subject: Re: Rock Box and Blind Users

Re: Rock Box and Blind Users

From: Willi Passmann <dj6jz_at_compuserve.de>
Date: 2005-05-10

Smith.Ryan wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Thanks for the information. These models are not sold in stores any
> longer, but I have found several used models on Ebay. Am I taking any
> risk by purchasing a used model or should it work the same? Is there
> any where to purchase a new model?

To add my recent experience: I did not find one via amazon and ebay
prices are close to the last price on amazon.

Your risk is the same as with new ones. The unit could have a non
flashable firmware, so you can use Rockbox only with the standard
loader. And the battery connectors are getting loose by default...

Regards,
Willi