Subject: Re: fuji 100gb 2.5" drives

Re: fuji 100gb 2.5" drives

From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat_at_web.de>
Date: 2005-05-12

George Michaelson wrote:
> http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050511_114453.html
>
> "...The drive uses 5 watts during spin up, 1.9 watts during read and write
> processes, 0.6 watts when idle and 0.13 watts on standby. ..."

This, of course, begs the question: Does anyone here have - or know
where to find (Google doesn't seem to be much of a help here) - a
comparison chart of the power consumption for various 2.5" HDs? I still
have 7 of the original 20 GB free on my shitty Hitachi DK-23DA, but
should I ever come to the point where I'd like to change HDs, power
consumption would certainly be one of the most important criteria along
with capacity, noise, and robustness.

TIA,
Daniel Gudlat