Subject: Re: fuji 100gb 2.5" drives

Re: fuji 100gb 2.5" drives

From: Daniel Gudlat <>
Date: 2005-05-12

George Michaelson wrote:
> "...The drive uses 5 watts during spin up, 1.9 watts during read and write
> processes, 0.6 watts when idle and 0.13 watts on standby. ..."

This, of course, begs the question: Does anyone here have - or know
where to find (Google doesn't seem to be much of a help here) - a
comparison chart of the power consumption for various 2.5" HDs? I still
have 7 of the original 20 GB free on my shitty Hitachi DK-23DA, but
should I ever come to the point where I'd like to change HDs, power
consumption would certainly be one of the most important criteria along
with capacity, noise, and robustness.

Daniel Gudlat