Subject: Re: Ondio Player

Re: Ondio Player

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2005-05-13

> On the other hand, nothing is stopping the devs from doing this either.
> I wonder if someone mentioning "I am one of the developers of the
> excellent Rockbox firmware" in their auction would raise the price?

One day I will. I got about 20 Studio and a few Recorder "barebones" from
Ebay, waiting to be refurbished with harddisk, batteries and wall-wart. Any
takers? Only my limited time stops me from selling wholesale.

> With open source, you should never release anything that you'd be upset
> if someone else sells. Regardless of what the license says, if you make
> the source available, someone, somewhere, will make a buck off of it-
> whether they tell you to your face or not.

I'm not upset. Actually, rather pleased to see an impact of my doing.

5 GB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++