Subject: Re: hi all

Re: hi all

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-05-14

On Fri, 13 May 2005, ian douglas wrote:

> Anyhow, if I can be of any assistance on the H100 or H300 projects, I'd be
> interested. I've owned my H320 for about two weeks and already unpleased at
> some of the limitations on it, so anything I can do to extend its purpose
> and be a more useful tool to more people, please let me know.

Welcome aboard Ian!

First, you should try joining up on IRC (#Rockbox on freenonet.net) where most
of the dev people hang around far too^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpretty often.

Oh, and of course getting a development evironment setup and the rockbox
sources down and having it all built.

I'd say the current focus is on getting the codecs optimized to run as fast as
possible on the somewhat limited target.

Some playback work has been made, but it isn't complete nor comitted to CVS
yet.

We still have no bootloader for the H3x0 series. Linus has a unit so we expect
him to be able to do all the hard and dirty work eventually, but as of now
we're still struggling with getting the basic stuff working on the h1x0...

Again: welcome to the team!