Subject: Re: Recording Guitar With a Microphone

Re: Recording Guitar With a Microphone

From: Ronald Teune <>
Date: 2005-05-14

On Sat, 14 May 2005 18:58:59 +0200, Aditya Siram
<> wrote:

> Is there a way to record with a microphone from the Line IN jack?
> The internal mic picks up the hard drive which is quite disruptive in
> the middle of a recording.
> Is there some way to use the Digital In/Out Jack?

What I did was scratching one of the lines to the digital in/out, remove
the internal mic, and then wired it to the digital in/out jack. This way,
I can connect the internal mic externally which is way more useful.
As said, recording via Line In is mostly the best method.

> I have been playing around inside my Jukebox and accidentally dropped
> solder in the wrong place on the circuit board. How can I get rid of it?
> I tried to heat it with the gun hoping it would just drip away, but this
> has not worked.
> Deech

There are things like solder suckers, or a thing which is called 'Litze'
in Dutch, which is meshy copper wire stuff made for desoldering.

ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
  - against HTML email  X
              & vCards / \