Subject: Re: Battery Meter Inaccurate + Takes Too Long

Re: Battery Meter Inaccurate + Takes Too Long

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 23:18:22 +0200

Hello karl

> Aditya Siram wrote:

>> When I turn on the Jukebox the battery indicator remains a
>> question mark for a long time.

> This is by design.

...but only if you're using the 2.4 release version, or daily
build more than two months old. Use a recent daily build and
you'll get battery readings right from the start (although this
is still not perfect).

>> For instance after listening to music for one hour the
>> battery goes from 100 to 80. I have 2500 mA batteries and
>> this should not be the case.

> Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not sure I'm following. Do you
> mean the actual battery %'age is wrong? How can you be so sure
> that its wrong, it could be that your batteries arent in
> amazing condition...

The battery percentage is only a rough estimation. It can't be
done with higher precision for technical reasons, especially
with the NiMH powered devices.

Regards, Jens