Subject: Archos jukebox recorder shuts off all by itself

Archos jukebox recorder shuts off all by itself

From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:40:58 -0500

                                        Hi folks. Well, I finally received my Archos jukebox recorder today,
yes this is the right one! I got rockbox installed on it, it was working
fine and everything. However, all of a sudden, after shutting the machine
off for a few minutes to go take care of something else and coming back to
it, I found that the archos will turn on, the drive will spin up, and then
all of a sudden, it just shuts off. I turned it on again thinking this was
just a fluke, same thing. Obviously there's a problem, I just don't know
how to fix it. I also atempted to check to see if it would happen if I
hooked it up to the computer with the USB cable, same deal. It turns on,
the hard drive spins up and then it shuts off. I've plugged it in for a
while and let it recharge because I thought maybe the batteries might be
low. If you folks have any ideas, please let me know how I can solve this
issue. Whiile it was working, Rockbox works great, just as advertised! it's
really great!