Subject: Re: Recording with the Archos recorder

Re: Recording with the Archos recorder

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-05-22

>Hi BC
>Well, I've tested both the jacks I can test with with the pre-amp, i even
>replaced the batterry in it and still nothing. I did find out that on my
>recorder you *do* have to push the play button twice to actually start a
>recording. So, this time, I actually got some recordings but they were
>blank. I'll try hooking the player up to an audio source and try a
>recording of that. If it worksthen we can narrow that down. Really i'm
>just trying to do the process of elimination. All the jacks do seem to be
>solid though, when i put plugs into them they do seem to be tight enough,
>but that probably doesn't mean much though. I'll be sure to let you know
>of my progress. So far though, still nothing, even after replacing the
>battery. now, what I did was I plugged the mic into the pre-amp, and then
>plugged the pre-amp into the line-in of the archos. That should work, I
>would think.

Yep. Did you remember to twiddle the knob the archos pre-amp? Also Turn
the gain up full on the recording screen - as i recall with my archos
mic/recorder v1 combo, I need to crank the gain up to 30db or something
silly (been a long time) with the mic knob on full - but at that level you
can record pretty much anything you can hear with the mic clipped inside
your shirt ...clip it in your cuff and gesture toward the person speaking
and you get further improvements (once it works)

I suppose you could try plugginn the archos mic into your PC via the
pre-amp for another way to test the pre-amp?

BC