Subject: Re: how to get "Line IN" to work ...with a non "Line Level" device (ie. microphone)

Re: how to get "Line IN" to work ...with a non "Line Level" device (ie. microphone)

From: BlueChip <>
Date: 2005-05-25

If you plug a MIC into a MIC socket (as per your PC) it will work - if you
plug a MIC into a LINE socket (PC or otherwise) - the MIC signal needs to
be amplified to LINE LEVEL ...there are loads of little amps to do this on
the market. The archos AAA powerered one is just a couple of
transistors. This news archive holds "this one is cool"/"this one is crap"
reviews as and when people saw fit to review them :)