Subject: Re: how to get "Line IN" to work ...with a non "Line Level" device (ie. microphone)

Re: how to get "Line IN" to work ...with a non "Line Level" device (ie. microphone)

From: basslover <>
Date: 2005-05-25

Thanks for the two quick responses.

I do have the mike boost on XP on my computer. It says +20db. But on the
Nomad Juke Box I also have the boost up (to+46db) and I still can't get any
sound out of the mike.

Any thoughts?

About adding on an amplifier, I wanted a portable device that recorded sound
well that I could carry around and dictate (or more accurately, rant) into,
the recordings being slated for later podcast.

>From what I'm reading, I'd have to carry around an amplifier as well. Not

Any suggestions?