Subject: powersave featurerequest

powersave featurerequest

From: cb <>
Date: 2005-06-06

Hi Rockboxers,

Does the backlight consume a significant amount of power?

I like to use the Caption Backlight option, but when my power is getting
rather low I worry that its using vital juice that would have allowed me to
listen a little longer. It feels like an extravagant use of the backlight.

If it would make a significant difference, would it be possible to have a
powersaving option where:
power reaches 10%
Caption Backlight switches off
Backlight Timeout Period drops

Wow this list has gone quiet, even with the current high pace of iriver
development. Everyone on the list must be really happy with the current
state of the software: I know I am.