Subject: Re: iRiver playback patch => better sound quality!

Re: iRiver playback patch => better sound quality!

From: BlueChip <>
Date: 2005-06-07

>Second: I'm doing some more work in the Tremor optimzation and now i've
>got it to go from 130% -> 150% real time :-). Nothing fancy, just a
>better allocation of iram. When I'm happy that is runs well and doesn't
>break anything I'll commit it to the cvs.
>This is looking pretty good,

Yes, it is :)

Out of curiosity, what % are we realistically looking at?

I understand that it will be >100, and the faster it is, the more stuff can
be done at the same time (display updates, etc) ...but what is a realistic
figure beyond which optimisations are merely a demonstration of coding skill?