Subject: Iriver: Limiting first buffering action after a manual track change...

Iriver: Limiting first buffering action after a manual track change...

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-06-10

Here's another Iriver comment:

When I select a non-buffered track manually my Iriver H140 usually
buffers data for 20 or more seconds. So when I'm usure what to listen
to and change tracks a lot, there's HD access all of the time, much of
it unneccassy.

How about starting the buffer with a minute worth of music and then
fill it fully
on the next buffering, if I leave the unit running untouched?

IMO this could save energy. As an added bonus it could also insure the
unit against dropping:
After deciding on what to hear I usually put the Iriver back into my
pocket. During this time the risk of accidentally dropping the unit is
highest - and I'd prefer the HD not to spin if this happens...

What do you think?

Martin