Subject: Re: Iriver: Limiting first buffering action after a manual track change...

Re: Iriver: Limiting first buffering action after a manual track change...

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <ashridah_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 2005-06-11

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 16:44 +0300, Miika Pekkarinen wrote:
> Great idea, done.

Hrm, that's causing some stuttering for me, when the second period of
buffering kicks in.
With current CVS, it'll play for a few seconds, stop for one or two,
play for another 10 or so seconds, etc, until it's stopped buffering
(after which, it's smooth again). This seems to only happen on some mp3
tracks, the one I've noticed it in so far is encoded at 192kbps CBR
(44.1kHz).
Other 192kbps mp3 files aren't having the same effect tho.

Looks like there's still some work to be done on making sure dma
interrupt handling doesn't get delayed too long :(.

ashridah