Subject: Re: irvier - thank you so much!

Re: irvier - thank you so much!

From: Tomas <>
Date: 2005-06-12

Fabian Merki wrote:

>here my top three "things to do" (i won't do it - feel free to do it *smile*)
>- remote lcd + controlls (part of it works but not yet where it could be)
>- fast forward with playback where you are (one thing that iriver does better - sorry guys)
>- wma playback (i'm too lazy to convert those file i got from "somewhere")
I'm working on the first one... buttons done last week... next week I'll
take a look at WPS info on the remote.

And WMA playback... I don't know how that's done with licensing?

>i noticed that the gapless playback isn't as good as on the archos (with rockbox) - looks like it loses a few millisec of the next song (or skips to early) - or mathematiclly spoken: the gap is minus x millisec ;-) (maybe it's because i'm fastforwarding... who knows? - probably you do *smile*)
Someone's working on that :)

>what about the plugins? i always get "I04:I11Instr at 32F4057A" (good that the reset button works)
Yes, that's because you're playing audio... The audio code uses parts of
the plugin system now. Linus is working on that.

>after using rockbox on iriver for a while (browsing through songs - also playing 22kHz songs which sound funny *smile*) i already had it twice that rockbox started to skip songs and didn't play any song anymore. a restart did solve that issue.
Please try to re-create the crash.. if you have a fixed point where it
always crashes, email the list, or come to IRC and give a bug report.
The more details the better.