Subject: HP140

From: Mark Bright <>
Date: 2005-06-13

Hi guys,

Many thanks on an excellent job getting it to this stage!! I have now got
the daily build for 13/06 installed and working on my HP140, it works fine,
and the bootup time is excellent - way faster than the original firmware
(about 6 seconds to playback resuming, compared to approx 15 seconds).

It does not suffer from "failing to play music when booted" problems, but it
does occasionally give quite a loud tone(s) during bootup!! This only seems
to occur if it has been powered down for more than a minute. It's about 4
seconds of a 'lower pitched' tone, followed by about 1 second of a 'higher
pitched' tone, immediately followed by the resumed audio.

In addition, when I press the stop button, the music fades out - but then
reverts back to full volume for a fraction before stopping!