Subject: Scrolling thread on iriver

Scrolling thread on iriver

From: <>
Date: 2005-06-14

Am I right in thinking that scrolling text on iriver causes it to 'puts'
the entire string each time it scrolls it, even by one pixel? Is that
efficient? Seems to me that it would be better to implement the scroll
using something like a memcpy from the framebuffer and just use the
string-print logic to print out the far right-hand column that scrolls in
(or left hand if scrolling right).

I bring this up because I've noticed the scrolling can be a bit jerky on
iriver when scrolling e.g. three lines of text simultaneously in wps.
Wondering if optimising the lcd driver code a bit might help