Subject: Warnings in musepack

Warnings in musepack

From: Tomas <>
Date: 2005-06-14

Hi All,

I was doing a cleaning round in rockbox (to get iriver builds warning
free), and there are 18 warnings left, all in mpc_decoder.c because
mpc_decoder_bitstream_read(...) is of the mpc_int32_t type, wich is
defined as: "typedef unsigned int mpc_uint32_t;" And it's compared to a
lot of ints.

I'm not sure how to fix this (it's unsigned for a reason I guess?), but
changing it to signed might give overflow troubles. On the other side,
the problems with these overflowing values will cause trouble with the
signed/unsigned comparison we do now too.

So: Does anybody know why it's unsigned? And can I change it to signed?
or should I cast all uses of that function wich cause a warning to int?