Subject: Some "Car Adapter Mode" Issues

Some "Car Adapter Mode" Issues

From: Ed Toro <cojonesdetoro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:52:15 -0400

Hi,

I have a 2MB jukebox player running the latest non-CVS version of
rockbox, flashed. I have found these issues with car adapter mode and
was wondering if anyone has seen the same:

When I start the car, some times rockbox will come up to the charging
screen and sometimes it will boot and start playing right where it
left off. I realize that the idle timer will determine wether it does
this but it will also do this when I do this first thing in the
morning and the jukebox has been off all night. I only keep a 10
minute idle timer. It would be nice to have an option where it always
resumes playing when power resumes.

There is also an issue when it goes into charging mode after power
resumes. When I put the key in the ignition, the jukebox resumes in
charging mode. When I start the car, it will sometimes lock on the
jukebox. The charging screen stops updating and no buttons work for
anything. I have to unplug the power adapter and let it shut off to
get the jukebox to respond. I understand that this may be caused by a
power surge as I am using a generic power adapter from "some guy on
Ebay". This problem may be unique to me.

Thanks