Subject: Re: iRiver builds (was Re: Scrolling thread on iriver)

Re: iRiver builds (was Re: Scrolling thread on iriver)

From: <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: 2005-06-15

> The obvious questions are of course: have you changed anything in the
> source?

Yes I did, but I reverted the changes after the target failed to run.

> Did you do "make clean"?

I did. Could it be possible that make clean didn't remove quite everything?
At one point I was using gcc 3.3 which was having build errors and
upgraded to 3.4 later (and also make clean afterwards). Maybe something
screwed up.

Tried building the win32 simulator too but that segfaults on startup.

Hmm. Maybe I'll just clear out everything and start afresh and see what
happens.. thanks

Actually, here's a daft question - do I just copy the new rockbox.iriver
from the build directory to the device, or are other things *required*
too? (Device is currently running bleeding edge build from rockbox.org)