Subject: Re: playback initialization (still)

Re: playback initialization (still)

From: Pedro Vasconcelos <>
Date: 2005-06-15

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:15:27 +0100
Jim Coates <> wrote:

> I have the same problem that Pedro is experiencing with having to boot
> into iRiver firmware before I can get stable playback.
> I bought my iHP-140 in October 2004 (in the UK), however, I had the
> "ticking / clicking" problem that lots of people had when listening
> through the remote.
> I finally got my player replaced in January with a brand new H140
> branded one which solved the ticking problem.
> My barcode (if that is any use) is: 504440041102536
> So it doesn't look like we have players from the same batch.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the problem occurs in fairly
different batches of players: mine is an older iHP-120, yours is a newer

One thing I didn't mention is that my files are exclusively in the Ogg
Vorbis format. What about yours?

Pedro Vasconcelos, School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews
"The difference between Theory and Practice
is greater in Practice than in Theory."