Subject: Re: playback initialization (still)

Re: playback initialization (still)

From: Jim Coates <>
Date: 2005-06-15

> Hi Jim,
> Thanks for your reply. It looks like the problem occurs in fairly
> different batches of players: mine is an older iHP-120, yours is a newer
> H140.
> One thing I didn't mention is that my files are exclusively in the Ogg
> Vorbis format. What about yours?
> Regards,
> Pedro.
> --
> Pedro Vasconcelos, School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews
> "The difference between Theory and Practice
> is greater in Practice than in Theory."

Hi Pedro,

80% of my files are Ogg Vorbis.
I experience the same problem with mp3.

However, I have today installed the latest "bleeding edge" build and
my problem has changed slightly.
When I select a file to play, it goes straight to the wps and the
elapsed time counts up ok, though I still don't have any sound.
If I push the volume button up, the vol count adjusts very slowly and
the progress bar/time elapsed seem to stutter.
Again, rebooting into iRiver then back to rockbox fixes it for a short while.
I have a thread on the forum where I am also going to post this new
behaviour, you can find it at