Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: Jens Arnold <>
Date: 2005-06-15

Hello Jonas

> Am I the only one who thinks it's confusing that with Resume
> turned on ("Yes"), the player will resume unconditionally even
> if I weren't playing anything when I shut down?

> I expected the resume function to resume to whatever state it
> was in when I turned off. So if I turn the player off while
> playing, it comes back on playing. If I turn it off while
> stopped, it's stopped when I turn it on again too (for bonus
> points, if I turn the player off while paused, it'll come back
> paused at the same spot).

> Anyway, if people find the current behaviour "correct", I'll
> not bother more with this and just try to adjust my brain to
> it eventually I guess.

Resume on poweron does exactly what the resume? request does
that appears when you press PLAY (on iriver) in the browser, it
resumes the dynamic playlist if there is any. If it wouldn't
work like that, you could never resume a stopped playback even
without intermediate powerdown. The only situation where resume
on poweron won't do anything is when there is no dynamic
playlist, i.e. the playlist ended, without hitting STOP.

This behaviour existed for years, and I guess all archos
rockboxers are used to it.

I have resume set to 'ask' so that I always have the choice.
I'm running rockbox from flash so I am able to 'pre-press'
the correct button depending on what I want, even before the
question appears.

Regards, Jens