Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: Jürgen Hestermann <>
Date: 2005-06-17

> Well if you pressed stop before shutting down, you weren't really
> listening to it now were you? I guess this is a case of me wanting
> "strictly correct" behaviour, while most people want the software to
> guess what they mean. I'm more annoyed by a wrong guess than by it not
> doing what I had hoped - provided it's "logical" in the eyes of the
> software. If I accidentally pressed stop, that's my fault, and I will
> not blame the software for interpreting it as stop.

I often hear a large playlist in random mode but do not have the time to
hear it all. Next day I want to continue this same list and not start at the
beginning. Therefore I stop and then use resume (which asks) to procede
the interrupted playlist at that point where I stopped it. I would not like if
this function would be changed.

Jürgen Hestermann.