Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: 2005-06-17

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:22:27PM +0200, Ronald Teune wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:06:14 +0200, Jonas H. <rasher@rasher.dk> wrote:
>
> >Well if you pressed stop before shutting down, you weren't really
> >listening to it now were you?
>
> On Archos boxes Stop == off.

Same on iriver h1x0s.

> So in order to turn it off, you'd have to press stop first.

But there's a distinction between pressing stop, then shutting down, and
pressing stop, making it shut down. In the first scenario, the player is
stopped when you begin the shut down - in the second it is not.

> That's probably why it grew this way. Doesn't mean it
> cannot be changed for iRivers of course. But for >70% (?) of the users on
> this list, who use archoses, it is the most logical behaviour they can get
> out of their boxes.

I still don't understand this. Isn't this all down to people stopping
playback, when what they really wanted was to shut down?

I can appreciate wanting to guess what the user might have wanted
(though I do not like that behaviour myself), but I can't see how it is
the most logical.

> >I do suggest trying a better alternative though. Mozilla Thunderbird
> >springs to mind, and I'm sure there are others.
>
> *advertisement*
> Opera M2!!!!! :-)

Anything that isn't spawned out of Microsoft, my experience tells me.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk