Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-06-17

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:16:42PM +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Andreas Stemmer wrote:
> >Well, ideally (IMHO) the jukebox should have the exact state after
> >restart as it had when shutting down. So when you press stop
> >accidentally and then shut it down, the dynamic playlist should be saved
> >but not started at reboot. You would then be able to continue the same
> >way you would do it without the reboot, by just pressing "on".
> I just want to point out that this behaviour is partly a remnant from
> the days of the first Archos Jukebox series, where the OFF key has a
> very short timeout, and Rockbox has no chance of saving the state to the
> hard disk before the power is cut.

Fair enough.

> Also, I think we can have it both ways without an extra option. If the
> music is playing when the user turns off, it will resume playback. If
> the music was stopped, it will enter the file browser. However, it can
> resume playback if the user presses ON.
> How about that?

Sounds like exactly the behaviour *I* would expect. I realise that I've
been ranting and complaining a lot about this, but I'm not really trying
to get things changed just because I don't like them, just wanted to
spur some discussion about something I found strange. However, if people
can agree on something that more people find logical, all the better.

Jonas H
     -- This message brought to you by the letter 'a' and the number 9