Subject: Re: A 'Tape' state for files

Re: A 'Tape' state for files

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-06-18

You gotta love slashdot - what an obvious solution to the problem.
Tag the individual playlist/directory/file as tape (or "resume")

I have this:
root
+-- _albums
     +-- artistname

The big trouble with this setup and Rockbox is another nasty resume issue
that the above would fix.

I have several albums under each artist. All tracks are present in the
directory. There a N playlists per [artistname].

If I play an album in the car one day. And then, some weeks/months later I
go to play a single track to a friend ...I can't ...Pressing play on the
track makes the playlist resume.

To mark the playlist as resume, but the track as play-once would solve this
problem.
For people desiring the old style behaviour - tag the directory as resume.

Genuis!

BC