Subject: iriver volume scale

iriver volume scale

From: Pedro Vasconcelos <pbv_at_st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: 2005-06-18

Hi everyone,

Great progress on the ihp port over the last few days --- particular
thanks to Linus for fixing the annoying playback initialization bug that
forced some of us to boot the original fw first!

Anyway, my question is: is it just me or is Rockbox volume setting very
non-linear? I have to use settings ~70% to listen at confortable levels
even with earphones (Shure E2c). Levels ~80% are usual for the
Senhheiser PX100s. Is this normal or are just my phones particularly
inefficient (don't think so)? Wouldn't it be better to have the scale
shifted so as to have a finer volume control?

Pedro