Subject: Vorbis metadata

Vorbis metadata

From: <>
Date: 2005-06-20

I've looked a little at how to get the interesting Ogg Vorbis metadata. One fairly
simple solution is to use the vorbisfile functions in Tremor. By default,
that would mean bringing in all of Tremor into the main rockbox build, which
isn't quite what we want, I guess... :) However, by adding some defines,
it is possible to remove all of the codebooks and the decoding engine, so
that only (most of) vorbisfile.c, framing.c, info.c and bitwise.c are needed.
Getting all the needed information should be easy then (with the exception
of the sample count, which I don't know if it's needed).

Would this be an acceptable solution? Should I look further at it? As it
is now, I have a simple Win32 build that works...