Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2005-06-23

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:28:51 +0200, Thomas Heuving <>

>Andreas Stemmer schrieb am Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:20:04 +0200 (MEST):
>> Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I think the only difficult part is some
>> logic which decides if the music was stopped intentionally or if it was
>> stopped only because the user wanted to have a clean shutdown...
>> Perhaps a check of the time delay between stop and shutdown would be enough
>> (less than 1 sec -> treat like music was still playing)
>That's a good idea, but the delay should be more in the range of
>several seconds. At least sometimes the time for writing the bookmarks etc.
>is much longer than 1 sec. Maybe the amount of the delay could be made
>an option?

If y'all are really going to screw up what really works well now, then
would you please put a config file option flag to make it still behave
like it does now?

Now I know that after I stop playing to do something and things get
boloxed up, I can turn the machine off and back on and resume playing.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN